VICTORIAN STYLE ARCHITECTURE L.A.
HISTORIC BUILDINGS OF LOS ANGELES
The historic Angel's Flight Railway of downtown Los Angeles is a public transportation funicular between Hill Street and Bunker Hill constructed 1901 by architects Train & Williams for developer Colonel J.W. Eddy.
Alumni House 1879 by architects Ezra F. Kysor & Octavius Morgan. Widney Hall was the first building of University of Southern California Los Angeles.
The Philip Fritz Houses at 413 Bernard Street were built in 1892 and are today the Heritage and Visitor Center of Los Angeles' Chinatown.
Queen Anne was the most varied, and decoratively rich architectural style and was built from 1880 to circa 1910 with ornamentation, wrap-around porches, expansive bay windows, carvings, towers and turrets. Many historic-cultural monument in the City of Los Angeles had been build in this style.
Bob's Market at 1234 Bellevue Ave. is a grocery store 1913 by architect George F. Colterison and contractor Peter A. Holmberg for original owner Ella J. McMillen.
Herman and Mary Janes House at 6541 Hollywood Boulevard is a 1903 Victorian Queen Anne style building by architects Oliver P. Dennis and Lyman Farwell.
Samuel J. Lewis House at 1425 Miramar Street 1890 designed by architect Joseph Cather Newsom.
The Victorian Mentzer House of 1873 is now a museum and home to the Burbank Historical Society at 1015 W. Olive Avenue.
The 1870 Eugene Raphael Plummer House was moved from 7377 Santa Monica Boulevard in Hollywood to 23537 Calabasas Road in the San Fernando Valley.
The historic Point Fermin Lighthouse at 805 Paseo del Mar is a 1873 Carpenter Gothic style contruction above the shores of San Pedro.
The Sepulveda House on Olvera Street is a 1887 brick building by architects Costerigan & Merithew.
Located at 2421 S. Figueroa Street in the West Adams district the Thomas Douglas Stimson House 1891 by architects Carroll H. Brown & E.D. Elliot.
The Victorian office building at 19725 Sherman Way in Canoga Park was assembled 1981 by architect T.W. Layman from the remains of former Bunker Hills residences.