Asia Insurance Building 1953 by local pioneer architect Ng Keng Siang, was opened 1955-12-10 by Singapore's Governor Sir Robert Brown Black.
In 2008 the eclectic Art Deco style building on Finlayson Green was converted into serviced business travellers apartments as the Ascott Raffles Place residence.
The Bank of China on Battery Road 1954
by architects Palmer & Turner of Hong Kong.
HIGH-RISE BUILDINGS IN SINGAPORE
Shaw Centre 1977 by architect Gordon Dowsett high-rise office building above 8 floors of parking.
Singapore Power building with metal brise soleil facade. Originally named the Public Utilities Bldg. at Somerset constructed 1971 Group 2 architects Ong Chin Bee and Tan Puay Huat.
UIC Building on Shenton Way 1971 by Chan Kui Chuan of SAA Singapore Associated Architects. United Industrial Corporation Ltd. of Singapore, once with 150 meter/450 feet the tallest structure (left) in the city-state.
Subordinate Court 1973 by Kumpulan Akitek Architects. 27 courtrooms and 44 holding cells.
Office building of Sin Chew Jit Poh newspaper was completed in October 1975 on Keppel Road in the Tanjong Pagar district.
Mr. Aw Boon Haw OBE, founder of this daily Chinese-language publication, was a Burmese entrepreneur of Tiger Balm fame.
OCBC Centre 1973 by architects BEP Akitek and I.M. Pei - then the tallest skyscraper in South Asia.
The Tan Boon Liat Building is a 15-storey factory block with warehouses, offices and stores completed in august 1976 at Outram Road.
The CPF Building was completed in 1976 by the Public Works Department on Robinson Road and houses the Central Provident Fund Board. Behind on Shenton Way is the look-alike DBS Bank skyscraper designed 1972 by Team 3 Architects for the Development Bank of Singapore.
Hong Leong Financial Plaza completed in 1976
in the downtown core business district by Swan McLaren Architects and Ssangyong Engineering.
ARCHITECTS AND CONSTRUCTION DATA
Peninsula Plaza 1978 architect Alfred Wong.
Sultan Plaza built 1978 in a very futuristic design.
Singapore's Telephone House with black facade 1979 architect Timothy Seow (Stamford House).
Singapore's longest bridge opened in 1981 and was named after Benjamin Sheares, the second president of the republic. The 1.8 km pre-stressed concrete structure carries motor vehicles and pedestrians over the Marina Bay and is part of the East Coast Parkway.