ABERDEEN RIVER FROM SCOTLAND GRAMPIAN HIGHLANDS
BRIDGE OF DON
Bridge of Don built of dressed granite stone 1827 -1830 by civil engineers Thomas Telford and John Smith. The seven-span bridge was widened in the 1950's. The Don starts high in the Grampian Mountains of Strathdon.
Local Donmouth Nature Reserve is a great place to see a wide range of birds like the oystercatcher, the redshank, skylark or purple sandpiper...
Windows to the Sea sculptured by Lourdes Cue at the Scottish sculpture workshop. Donated 1984 by Mobil Oil North Sea Ltd. to the Granite City.
In june 1969 work started for the foundations of the four 17-storey public housing towers of St. Ninian Court, Inverdon Court and Balgownie Court. The prefabricated panels are designed by James M. Gillespie of contractor Bett Brothers Ltd. of Dundee and made by Scotland Concrete Ltd. Falkirk.
The Seaton Towers Aulton Court, Bayview Court, Beachview Court and North-Sea Court 1971 by local architects Thomson Taylor Craig + Donald.
The construction started in 1972 but completion was delayed until 1977.
The 19-floors Regent Court, Promenade Court and Linksfield Court are also part of the second phase of multi-storey development in Seaton.
Pittodrie Park Stadium home ground of football club Aberdeen F.C. When the team was managed by Sir Alex Ferguson The Dons won the European Cup Winners Cup and the European Super Cup in 1983.
The Richard Donald Stand (photo) was opened in 1993 with a League Cup tie against Clydebank. In the 1920's the dugout was introduced to football here (coach Coleman wanted to sit lower to the pitch), in 1959 the venue was equiped with floodlights and in 1978 Pittodrie became all-seated.
Children playing on the sandy beaches of Aberdeen's North Sea bay.