Modern Architecture of Scotland
CITY OF ABERDEEN
Now due for demolition, the St. Nicholas House modern architecture built in 1966 for the Aberdeen City Council of North-East Scotland.
Virginia Court was constructed in 1966 on Castlehill as balcony access block for public housing in downtown Aberdeen and was designed by the staff of City Architect George McKeith after architect Le Corbusier's 1956 Unite Habitation building in Berlin.
The nineteen storeys high-rise Marischal Court on Castlehill built from in-situ reinforced concrete with cast in granite rubble.
BALCONY ACCESS BLOCKS
Seamount and Porthill Courts were built in 1964
as part of the Gallowgate redevelopment.
PUBLIC HOUSING IN ABERDEEN
Greig Court (left) and Hutcheon Court ↑ are two slab concrete blocks built in 1973 as public housing for the Borough Council.
Local Government building 1975 City architect Ian Ferguson.
The red K6 telephone box was a common sight
on the streets of Great Britain and was designed
as kiosk number six in 1935 to commemorate
the silver jubilee of King George.
New Telecom a.k.a. St. Machar House was completed 1977 by architects Mackie Ramsay Taylor on Aberdeen's College Street.
Only the parking structure survived the demolotion of the 1971 BP Petroleum Development Ltd. offices near the airport in Dyce constructed by architect James R. Sommerville Turner.
The new Beyond Petroleum North-Sea operations headquarters Aberdeen 2005 by Andrew Lett Architects.
A non-granite scotish-modern type of studio, the 1997 Rosemount Centre, Aberdeen's holistic health clinic.