MODERN MID-CENTURY ARCHITECTURE IN THE DESERT
Yard of a hotel room of the Desert Hot Spring Motel with red steel beams 1947 by Googie style architect John Lautner.
The City National Bank at 588 S. Palm Canyon Drive 1957 by architect Stuart Williams. The columns and the refelecting pool reminds at Oscar Niemeyer's Alvorada Palace in Brasilia.
Palm Springs' modern City Hall building at 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way with cut-out roof and palm trees under blue sky.
The Coachella Valley Savings and Loan bank
1956 designed by architects Williams + Williams.
J.W. Robinson's Department Store in California's desert constructed in 1958 by architects Pereira + Luckman.
St. Theresa parish church 1966 by architect William F. Cody
Dedicated 1968 on Thanksgiving day by Bishop Francis Furey.
Palm Springs' Public Library 1939 by John Porter Clark built as a memorial to pioneer hotel operator Welwood Murray.
Abandoned Gas Station with effortlessly hovering roof at 12635 Palm Drive + Estrella, Desert Hot Springs, California.
Wonderful Shield's Date Garden was established in 1924 in Indio. Since then farmers of the Imperial Valley grow dates and offer sugar crystals, date shakes and dried fruits.