MID-CENTURY MODERN ARCHITECTURE IN THE DESERT
Palm Springs is a desert city in Riverside County between San Diego and Los Angeles. The early 20th century brought al lot of Hollywood celebrities and increasing numbers of retirees to the ghost town in the Coachella Valley and made it a tourist destination.
Bank of America building 1959 by architect Rudy Baumfeld of Victor Gruen Associates as an homage to Le Corbusier's Ronchamp chapel.
Palm Springs City Hall 1952 by architects Albert Frey, John Porter Clark, Robson Chambers and E. Stewart Williams at 3200 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way.
Palm Springs Fire Station 1952 architects Albert Frey and Robson Chambers.
Tramway Gas Station 1965 designed by architects Albert Frey and Robson Chambers at Highway 111 today hotel reservation and tourist information.
Union Bank of California at 500 South Indian Canyon Drive in Palm Springs.
A modular house with a great view on the valley in Desert Hot Springs constructed from pre-fab units 2005 by Marmol Radziner Architects.
The Palm Springs Spa Hotel designed 1958 architect William F. Cody with Donald Wexler and Richard A. Harrison.
Santa Fe Federal Savings 1957 by architect E. Stewart Williams at 300 S. Palm Canyon Drive .Modern architecture in the desert of California.
Commercial Oasis Building with shops and restaurants in the city center constructed 1951 by architect E. Stuart Williams.
Thousands of wind turbines at the Tehachapi Valley desert producing 1,300,000,000 kWh of green electric power per year. Tune Radio to 1610 AM.